SHARP’s membership functions are managed by Johns Hopkins University Press. To become a member, click here to be taken to the secure online membership form. If you are a current or lapsed member, you can also use that site to renew your membership, make changes to your profile, or update your demographic data.
- Subscription to the journal Book History plus online access (full-access memberships only)
- Members can access the journal by going to https://muse.jhu.edu and logging in with their SHARP username and password.
- A listing in and access to the online, searchable Membership Directory
- Eligibility for SHARP scholarships, fellowships, grants, and awards
- Bi-monthly email newsletter from SHARP’s Executive Council
- A 50% discount on an annual JPASS, enabling access to 1,500+ JStor articles
- Occasional discounts at academic presses
- Annual international conference featuring cutting-edge scholarship and fostering collegial exchange and opportunities for collaboration
- Opportunity for SHARP endorsement of member-organized conferences and workshops related to the material history of text.
- Access to SHARP’s Network of Regional Liaisons across the globe
Membership Categories and Rates
As part of a Society-wide effort to increase diversity and participation in its activities, SHARP has devised a structure of membership to enable scholars from anywhere in the world to be able to participate. We hope the options below provide an affordable means for you to join our Society. If you have any questions, or if you need to negotiate a lower rate, please feel free to contact the Membership Secretary (email@example.com).
Membership including print and digital copies of Book History
|Student/Independent Scholar/Retiree membership||$38|
|Non-OECD country membership||$38|
* Joint Membership is defined as two people at the same household with the same mailing address. It will provide for one copy of publications, separate listings in the Directory, and individual voting (e.g. elections).
** To Support SHARP’s work to advance research and scholarship. Sustaining Members, Patrons, and Donors will be listed on our Annual Report, which is shared at our Annual General Meeting and posted online.
Membership excluding print and digital copies of Book History
|Non-OECD Country Membership||$22|